GDPR-EU Compliancy (Privacy Statement & Cookies Policy – EZVelo.shop)
(Last Updated: 29 April, 2018)
GDPR-EU COMPLIANCY – WHAT AND HOW WE SECURE, USE, KEEP AND DISCARD YOUR DATA:
As a global internet retailer, EZVelo.shop takes your personal data given to us for the purpose of conducting business, extremely seriously.
The following is exactly how we secure, use, keep and discard of your data when you buy something from our store:
1. YOUR CUSTOMER SHIPPING INFORMATION:
When you agree to give your shipping information, we only ask for what is absolutely necessary via our store checkout form shipping section and billing section – so that we can ship your product to your location.
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Your PostCode
- Your Telephone number.
- Email address.
The Telephone number is an optional requirement. It is needed if the product is held in customs which is rare but does happen. You do not have to oblige to give your telephone number. So, if you don’t wish to share it, we add our own store number to cover any problems with your shipment.
We do ask you for your email address with the shipping address. This IS necessary for the following reasons:
1. When you order a product from us, we inform you by your order email immediately by sending you an INVOICE with your order details. We get a copy of this invoice too, so we can process the order.
2. We need a basic contact email so we can, if you allow, send you a tracking number when the order is shipped.
3. We need a contact email to inform you of any delays in your shipment, or for basic order communications necessary to conduct business.
4. We may send you a discount coupon on successful arrival of your goods from our store. This is NOT a newsletter, but a personal ‘thank you’ follow up communication only. In that email there may be a consent link to join our newsletter. If you do not opt for the newsletter, you do not get any promotional emails from us. If you do, you will receive a one weekly email with some of our best featured products and discounts. That’s it.
5. When you buy something from our store, your email goes on a private list of customers via a fully GDPR compliant, email management site. Although this email is collected on a secure list, we can ONLY send you marketing communications i.e our catalogue newsletter IF you consent for us to do so (as mentioned above).
2. DATABASE STORAGE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
All shipping information automatically is pulled into our store database. Here customer order information is safely logged. It NEVER leaves the one office.
Your shipping information is ALSO logged onto our off-site database. We do NOT log your address or telephone number on the off-base database because we don’t need it. We only need your name and all costs associated with your order and tracking numbers for end of month accounts – and to keep track of every customer’s order status.
The information on this database is via Excel spreadsheet. It is wholly NEVER shared with anyone.
3. PRINTING and DISCARDING OF PAPER INVOICES: we print off every customer invoice. The reason for this is for monthly accountancy purposes. The printed invoice is then secured each month in a folder which is kept under lock and key in ONE office, the same office as the computer and by the store owner only (at the time of writing).
Accounts by HMRC tax regulations in the United Kingdom need filing that goes back six years by law. Your order details will be stored for six years.
DISCARDING INVOICES: if there is a print error, sometimes there are extra sheets of paper that get printed, and these can have your details on. Please note: WE USE a special shredder to discard of every piece of paper that needs discarded so that no information is readable whatsoever.
4. YOUR SHIPPING INFORMATION TO INTERNATIONAL WAREHOUSES.
As an internet retailer, we need to use your shipping address to ship our goods from worldwide sources, like factories we have deals with. We have done our best to adhere to GDPR compliancy Article 44 and 46 of the Regulations:
Notably, we have got all our partner warehouses in writing to give us a “GDPR statement of compliance” that your data is wholly secure and will be discarded without being identified.
To market our goods, we use mainly Facebook and Google to advertise our products via these platforms. We use a tracking code (or cookies) to track users actions on the adverts. We do this so we can then tailor our advertising better to the audiences we think would be best served our products.
Data is based on basic engagement on our adverts and demographical data from Facebook, and interest based targeting from Facebook. Google is now GDPR compliant and we keep everything secure and authenticated under Google Merchant Centre accounts for all Google Adwords related advertising.
We do not rent, sell or share ANY of our store information with anyone – apart from our vetted and GDPR compliant warehouses to process your order. We do not share our tracking codes with anyone. We do not allow anyone to access our Facebook account, or Google Adwords account.
We use around 30 “plugins” on our site to help us run our store. None of these have anyone outside access to our store database or any way to collect data or use your data.
Cookies are used only to recognise if you are a recurring visitor to the site. Although we don’t touch any cookies as such, the store technology uses codes (cookies) to help you log into your account if you create one or if you are a new user.
Our site is secured with very strong passwords and double authentication from WordPress.
6. WE DO NOT COLLECT DATA FROM CHILDREN
The information and services provided to us or our affiliates, sponsors, and advertisers are not intended to be viewed by children (under 18 years old). No information collected from children is knowingly used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside EZVelo.shop. No part of EZVelo.shop web site is structured to attract anyone under the age of 18.
7: OUR RIGHT TO LET YOU KNOW ABOUT ANY COMPLIANCY CHANGES
8: CONTACT INFORMATION:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact us via email sent to: support@EZVelo.shop Contact person: Becky, store owner.
9: ANTI SPAM POLICY: Can-Spam Act Compliance:
EZVelo.shop is an internet retailer dedicated to ensuring compliance with the ‘Can-Spam Act’, which took effect January 1, 2004.
To ensure compliance with the Can-Spam Act, EZVelo.shop has implemented the following guidelines for email delivery:
- All emails sent to you by EZVelo.shop will clearly identify EZVelo.shop as the sender. FROM / SENDER: someone@EZVelo.shop (NOTE: The actual sender will alter from department to department, but all from addresses will end with @EZVelo.shop ).
- The Subject Line of any email you receive will always accurately describe the subject matter of the email.
- Any email from EZVelo.shop will include the ability to unsubscribe from future email messages.
- Unsubscribing will ensure the customer is removed from ALL lists at EZVelo.shop; this excludes customer service emails regarding the processing and status of a current product.
- All emails sent to you directly by EZVelo.shop include valid London trading postal address information in the footer.
- Emails sent to you directly by EZVelo.shop will include an email address and physical address where you can send suggestions, complaints or other correspondence.
- Consent given before you receive promotional emails with an option to easily opt IN or opt Out of each and every one.
We hope this information satisfies any questions or concerns you may have regarding your data security when conducting business with EZVelo.shop. We take it seriously to comply fully to the EU GDPR compliancy laws for the sake of you, the customer.
Please contact Becky (store owner): email@example.com if you’d like any further clarification on how we secure, use and discard of your information securely. I am very willing to explain further!
Last updated 29 April 2018.
Trading Name: EZVelo.shop, Kemp House, 152-160 City Road, London, United Kingdom.
Company Name: SlimActive Life Ltd. United Kingdom based Ltd Company, registered with Companies House.